Thursday, February 26, 2009

Blamed it on my sweet honey

First of all, I'm writing this because Brian is making me. That's my disclaimer.

Yesterday morning we had an appointment we couldn't miss at 8:15am. We were in the van and ready to go, except we couldn't find the keys. We looked EVERYWHERE!! Then I realized Brian had driven us home from GA two days before, so he must have put them somewhere--I went out to the van and told him he needed to help because he put them somewhere. After 10 minutes, we ended up taking boys and carseats out of the van and squishing them into the car--just leaving the van in the driveway--hoping the keys would turn up since those are the only set we have...

Later on that evening, we still had not found the keys. Brian was laying in bed, and I was straightening up the room when I noticed my tennis shoes, and a funny little memory came back to me from the day before--I had put my keys inside my tennis shoes, but then removed them and put them under the couch, then removed them and put them in Kaya's bed (she is our German Shepherd)!! I ran into the kitchen and found them laying on the side of Kaya's bed. I felt so silly. Brian asked why they were in Kaya's bed, and I had to admit that I was trying to teach her to sniff out and find lost keys.



3 comments:

Emily said...

That is a wonderful story!! I'm glad Brian made you write it. I can't tell you the times I've blamed Tom or kids for something that turns out was all my fault-good thing they're nice right :)

Christy said...

That is to funny! Glad you found your keys. Let us know if you ever do train Kaya to find keys, that would be cool.

Kristen said...

HAHA!!! I can't tell you how many times I've blamed Ian for something and then sheepishly apologized when I find out that I was the one who did it! Oh well, part of married life I guess. :)