Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Girls Already!

Well, I had to have a talk with Kalen on Friday night, about girls. As we got into the van after visiting friends, he told me he was upset because the little girl there wouldn't hold his hand. I asked why he wanted to hold her hand and he said because that's what boys and girls do. He said he asked her very nicely, but she said "No." His little heart was broken (really, he was so sad). We had a sweet talk about how sometimes our friends, for whatever reason, may not want to do what we want to do and that's okay. We talked about how he really shouldn't hold a girls hand until he's a teenager anyways. I was amazed that I was trying to mend a broken heart already--but I thought everything went pretty well--as well as it could for an almost 4 year old. I figured we could wait another few years before anymore girl-talks, but then on Sunday night we were visiting different friends, and on the way home Kalen proudly exclaimed that their little girl kissed him on his cheek three times!

4 comments:

Stitchnmom said...

Sounds like you're going to have you hands full :) LOL

Scott and Laura said...

Oh wow! A ladies man already? Good luck you guys! :) He is just so cute!

Christy said...

You had better keep your eyes on that one!

Shauna said...

Hooray! It is so good to hear from you! Your little boys are just the cutest! Logan is almost three months old. He was born on Dec. 18th, 2008. Good to hear from you. I will have to add your blog to my list to follow!