Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine love, families, and an urgent care visit

I love my boys...I told a lady today at church that I purposely surround myself with good-looking men, and it's so true!

Yesterday was Valentine's day and we woke up early, gave the boys the little stuffies we got them for Valentines, and then spent the afternoon together (before Brian and I went out). We were supposed to make Valentine's cupcakes with the boys as part of the celebration. Brian mixed it all together with Kalen and Brady and they helped him put them in the oven, but then, about an hour later I saw Brian bent over the cupcakes icing them and practicing his "Piping skills." I called from the bedroom, "Brian, aren't the boys supposed to be doing that with you?!! And he smiled and said, "They can do the sprinkles." He takes a lot of pride now in the presentation of his foods and it's a lot of fun. They did do the sprinkles, and let me tell you, they were pretty amazing cupcakes. Here's a pic of Brian's new piping skills.






It's nice to have a day devoted to showing your love for your family and others --I mean, I know we should do it everyday, and I try my hardest, but when the day is all about that, it's amazing how much more patient we become. Hmmm...I think everyday is going to be valentine's day at our house...maybe we'll make some decorations tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week we had a family date at Fun Spot, USA here in Kissimmee. I've attached some pictures, and it really was fun to go out with just our family. I belive that's when some of the best memories are made. With Brian's schedule for the next year or so, we don't get a lot of time to be together, so we've decided to devote at least one night a month to all of us going out on a family date. The other weekend nights are going to be for Daddy/Son dates, and then one at least each month for a Mommy/Daddy date. That fills Brian's whole schedule, but he's happy about it.


There's a slash across Brady's cheek in these pictures (when they're little like this, you may not be able to see it), and that's because he's always getting hurt! He fell sideways against a corner wall the day before. I'm lucky most people who see me often with this injured boy, know me, and know I'm not an abusive mother--he's just an accident waiting to happen. Heather told me that she had to take Brian to the Emergency Room growing up more than any of her other kids...so at least we know who's footsteps Brady is following in. :-)

Oh, and on Thursday this week Brady was trying to be a ghost with a blanket over his head and fell, banging his upper gum into the coffee table. It scraped the gum up, showing twice the amount of tooth that should be showing, and caused a gash in his gum that was pretty gross and wouldn't stop bleeding. I ran him to the closest Urgent care, thinking he may need stitches, but they said I just need to feed him lots of popsicles...a prescription Brady really enjoyed--supposedly there won't be any permanent damage. At least he's tough.

1 comment:

JenniferJT said...

I hear you with the accident prone boy thing. Alex had stitches 2 times before he turned 2 and those were just the serious accidents. He is always getting hurt. I'll probably never let him live it down that he has had 6 stiches and I have never had even 1 in my whole life.