Sunday, February 1, 2009

The real troublemaker

Anyone who knows us or talks to me regularly knows Brady is our special, all-boy, "troublemaker" in the family...


Kalen always goes to bed very easily, (it's been a blessing) but Brady normally gets regular visits by the parents before he finally settles down. The other night Brady decided to start climbing out of his crib and up the bunk bed to bother Kalen (we tried Brady in the bottom bunk for a while, but I might as well put him in the playroom and let him play himself to sleep if we were to try to keep him in the bunk bed). Anyway, every 5-6 minutes I would hear Kalen scream, "Mooooooommm!!!! Brady is in my bed again!" and I would very sternly take Brady out of Kalen's bed and put him back in the crib and tell him to leave his brother alone. After four times, I just couldn't believe he WAS STILL NOT listening. What was possessing him to climb out?


So, as I was leaving their room, I thought I would just stand at the door and listen to catch Brady in the act...and that's when I heard it...


Kalen was saying very quietly, "Brady, come on over. Get up and climb out Brady. Come on." Then, right as I noticed my shadow on their door frame, Kalen noticed it too, and said, "Stop Brady, lay down, she's right outside the door. Lay back down like your not getting out." Brady wasn't prepared for the game taking an unexpected turn, because he began to climb out anyways, and Kalen, knowing I was right outside the door, screamed, "Mooooommmmmm, Brady's climbing out of his bed again!"


I WAS SHOCKED--KALEN? REALLY?



I guess I should have known better...I was the older sibling once too.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I see what you mean about "just the beginning". I wonder if it will be Evan or Ryan who is the instigator...I'm afraid it will be Ryan. Way to use your stalking skills for a good purpose and not letting Brady take the blame. :)