Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rain Puddles and Brothers

Let's just say I've been inspired by my sisters-in-law. They are photography experts-in-training, and they make beautiful pictures. I wish I had an eye for it, really, and one day I hope to learn from them, but it's not a huge-priority right now. However, on this particular day I said to myself (as I was sitting on an upside down bucket watching my boys play in the puddles), "That would probably be a pretty cool picture." I ran inside, grabbed my camera and came up with these two shots, and I'm pretty proud of them...taken by me...the first one un-edited. The second one came out brighter than I had hoped, so on my dad's recommendation, we turned it black and white, but highlighted Brady's beautiful red hair.

I think they bring out the simplicity of life: children, with no worries or cares, doing what they do best--playing. Kalen and Brady love splashing in puddles...and sometimes, despite my inward mom-ness wanting to say, "No, guys, don't get dirty/don't get wet," sometimes I feel that I should just let them be boys and get dirty. You know? Those are the simple, sweet times that always turn out to be the ones I enjoy the most.








7 comments:

Megan said...

THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL!

Stitchnmom said...

Awesome pics!

Kristen said...

Those are GREAT pictures! It just takes some thought and time- you'll get lots more good ones if you just take lots of pictures all the time!

Christy said...

Love them, they are beautiful! Thankyou for your encouragement I do hope to one day be really good if not an expert. ;0) I love the lighting it looks great.

Emily said...

Those are gorgeous-I too want to improve/train in photography. Some time hopefully...

Destiny said...

They are beautiful Amber!!! So artistic!

JenniferJT said...

I know I don't comment much, but I just love reading your blog, and your pictures are wonderful.