Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Truly Southern

So, as often happens in my household, we were watching the food network. This time some show was talking about the "Southern Tradition" of eating Fried Chicken with Waffles. I told Brian I grew up in the south and never heard of that, but he assured me it was a very southern thing to do.

Thus, to help me enrich my true 'southern' intellect, we had fried chicken and waffles for dinner. Crazy, huh? Has anyone ever had it before, because if you have NOT, then I highly recommend it--really! We fried the chicken tenders and put them right on top of the waffles, then poured syrup over it all and it was really good! Needless to say, I was impressed--but I always am with Brian's cooking. :-)

Try it out and let me know what you think.

P.S--I did the "plating" and photography all by myself--Brian says I'm getting pretty good at plating. I should have ripped that extra corner of that waffle off though...

5 comments:

~LisaLou~ said...

Hey,
I've lived in the south, ya'll and I've never heard of chicken and waffles! Looks interesting...hehe.
But I believe you if you say it was good!
xoxo. Lisa

Emily said...

That is definitely an interesting combo. I'm not brave enough to try it so I'll just take your word for it

JenniferJT said...

Oh my gosh it has been a really long time since I read anyone's blog, but I love the pics of Laura and Megan and spouses. I didn't even know Laura was married let alone had kids. So many memories popped up when I saw those pics. And about the chicken and waffles thing, I've never had them, but I have had maple chicken so I imagine this would be a yummy combination.

Nicole said...

Rosco's fried chicken and waffles is a famous joint in LA. We ate there once and almost got shot.

Melissa said...

Hey Amber! I grew up in the South and never heard of waffles and fried chicken either. Very interesting! I guess it shouldn't surprise me because southerners love some fried chicken!