Friday, September 18, 2009

Things you don't really want to hear...

Yep, things you don't want to hear...yet I heard all three of them tonight:

"Moooommm, I pulled Trace off the bed and now his head is bleeding!"

"Moooommm, I dropped my chocolate ice cream on the carpet...oh never mind, Kaya is licking it up." (Kaya is the dog).

"Moooommm, Brady peed in the closet!" "What?!" was my reaction, to which Kalen replied, "But it didn't get on the carpet...I think he peed on the shoes."

Now I finally understand why you hear about the moms who lock themselves in the bathroom for a little peace. The good news was that Trace was fine, it was only a scratch-- I got the chocolate out of the carpet, before Kaya smooshed it all in-- and Brady didn't pee on the shoes...it was on the carpet, and that is MUCH easier to clean.

On another note, we had a fun family date to Epcot last week, and I wanted to post some pictures. It was nice to just spend time together, the five of us. :-)

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, that is very funny (to me). I have so been there. At least you have a sense of humor about it right?

Megan said...

I have a friend who said she would just climb into the bathtub on bad days. I'm glad you had a fun day at Epcot though!

Christy said...

Boys are SO much fun! We can not wait to see you guys!!! We will have to go to the Denver Zoo when you get settled.

Kristen said...

I never know if I should respond to people's comments on my blog... what if they don't check back? So, in response to your comment, I'm leaving a comment on your most recent post. :)

Anyone can have craft-a-bility. It just takes patience, which I thought I didn't have- I do have it, just in small doses and only with certain things! Also, about the 16 pounds- I've been stuck at that number for a couple of months, trying not to lose faith! I'm just exercising and trying to eat right- counting my calories and only allotting to many per day, etc. It's a lot easier than any program I've found- and cheaper too because it's free! But then, you were probably being conversational... I doubt you have any weight to lose! :)