Friday, September 11, 2009

First day of school pics, finally

So, I know this is late, but I just wouldn't be a good mom if I didn't post about Kalen's first day of school (we finally put the pictures on the computer). He did soooo well!! I was so impressed with how excited he was, and more than anything I was super surprised--NO TEARS AT ALL!!
This is one in front of school--first day!

And here he is, starting the day--the girl behind him doesn't seem as happy...

Brady wasn't as happy--the entire three hours he kept talking about "Bubba" (that's what he calls Kalen, and we think it came from him trying to say "Brother"). The saddest thing was on the way home he looked at Kalen's booster and said (slowly because he's just starting to form words), "Bubba's seat...I miss bubbaaaaa." It was adorable.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Well, I haven't yet so you beat me :). Yay for Kalen. Tommy asks "Where's Antha" all morning long when she's at preschool

Kristen said...

Wow- he looks like such a big kid with his backpack on!

~LisaLou~ said...

Hey,
Are you serious about what you just wrote on our blog comments? You've got to tell me more! Aaron and Christy will be so excited!...and what about Brian's schooling?
I was just in Florida for a whirlwind trip and I'm so sad I didn't get to see all of you. My friend passed away and we (my sister and I) came and went to the funeral and spent the day with the family and left. I didn't even get to see all of my family. Darn.
Love you guys. Lisa