Monday, November 2, 2009

Sometimes we should listen to the jibber-jabber of a 2 yr old

So this past Sunday, Brian and I had to meet early before church to get our temple recommends renewed. That meant Grandpa was left to get the boys ready for church. (Grandma would have helped, but she was sick that morning).

Before we left, I laid all the boys clothes out in nice neat piles--everything from shirts and ties, to the socks and shoes. As I was walking out the door I told dad the diaper bag was ready to go and to make sure and spike Kalen and Brady's hair with the hair gel I was putting next to the diaper bag (I am currently spiking their hair all the time to hide the fact that they need hair cuts. I'll get around to cutting it eventually, right?)

So a few minutes before church starts, in walk my handsome boys. And grandpa did a pretty good job...but Brady's hair was a mess. It kind of looked like a "cool" mess, if you know what I mean, so I sort of liked it.

Grandpa noticed me looking at Brady's hair and said, "So, about Brady's hair..." Then he proceeded to tell that when he was getting Brady ready and putting the gel in his hair, he told Brady he didn't know much about using gel for hair (my dad is bald). Well, Brady just kept jibber-jabbering away, but dad wasn't really listening to him until Kalen came upstairs and said, 'Grandpa, that's diaper rash cream!' My dad had grabbed the cream OUT of the diaper bag instead of the gel NEXT to the diaper bag.

When I questioned Brady later, he said, "Grandpa no listen me," with a little pout. It's true--Brady was trying to tell him all along. Here is a quick pic I snapped before church started:



6 comments:

Stitchnmom said...

oh, man. It does still look good although I'm sure he didn't like the smell too much! Gotta love it!

Emily said...

Oh, that is just too funny. My dad would never even attempt it, so at least their Grandpa tried!

Kristen said...

HAHA! That is hilarious!

~LisaLou~ said...

Hehe, That's cute.
My mom used to curl me and my sister's hair before church. She just had my little brother and my dad was in charge of getting us ready one Sunday. My mom said he brought us to church with our hair all curled and bows in them, dropped us off in primary and went back and got himself ready. He wasn't about to take us without our hair curled the way mom did it!
Sooo, you think it'll be a 9lb 9oz baby?!!! Aggh. I hope not! :) But it does feel that big. Maybe it's just been too many years since the last one.
We love you guys. Stay warm!
Lisa

Melissa said...

That is hysterical! I laughed out loud. It does look surprisingly good. You're giving me ideas here. lol

Allen said...

That is funny!!!!