Monday, May 10, 2010

It's mothers day today--Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there! As I sat reflecting on being a mom today I thought of each of my babies and what I love so much about them right now.
I love how big Trace is getting...he's talking so much now...quite early in comparison to his brothers, at only 19 months.

He also LOVES reading books--and he enjoys falling to sleep in his crib reading books each night--it's so cute when I say goodnight, hand him a book, and he plops down in his bed, pulls his blanket up over his lap, and opens the book. Each night, he passes out without a fuss, sometime during his book. I love it!




Brady is getting so smart as well. He is still hard to understand sometimes, but he's trying hard to work on his words--the hard ones are the ones that start with "tr" or "dr." What's amazing though is that he LOVES to cook and create in the kitchen, like his daddy. For those of you who read my last post, this is what I was talking about Brady did that I wanted to post about: I walked into the kitchen and saw this sight:


I said very calmly, after a deep breath, "Brady...what are you doing?" To which he replied, "I'm making A LOT of chocolate milk!" He had gotten the entire gallon of milk out of the fridge (luckily it was only half full) and squeezed half the chocolate syrup into it. He was so proud of himself, and didn't even make a mess until I distracted him. What 3 year old figures out he can do that with the entire gallon???



And Kalen is so loving with his little brothers. He really watches over them, and lets them "help" him in everything he does. He rarely minds their company, and he loves teaching them. I couldn't have asked for a better older brother for my other boys. We went bowling as a family the other night, and although Trace couldn't play, Kalen let Trace "help" roll the ball down each time. It was adorable.


And this is a regular for Kalen as well--and part of the reason I'm sure Trace is talking so much right now--Kalen loves sitting and practicing words and "reading" with Trace.



I love them all so much, and I am so grateful for the love and joy the bring to me in my life. Each beautiful little guy...they're just perfect, for me.



1 comment:

Kristen said...

Such cute boys- happy mother's day to you too! :)