Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Man in Charge

I like putting pictures on my blog, and this doesn't have to do with the following story, but it's cute, nonetheless. My boys--brothers forever!


This week has been really rough for us...I was the sickest I think I've ever been in my life, going to the ER twice--once with a real swine flu scare (it was detected at my workplace)--but I didn't have it, and another time with my first major adult ear infection...and it was awful!!


One particular morning it was really bad and I couldn't move; the boys were playing so well (they were so good the entire time, I have just great boys, I really do), but I was so worried because I couldn't keep chasing Trace around the house to watch him at all times like I normally do. The boys were in the playroom so I called Kalen over. He knew I was sick, and I asked him if he could be the biggest brother ever, and keep a close eye on Trace and help me watch him, since I couldn't see him always. Kalen agreed, then I heard him a minute later announcing to Brady and Trace that mommy as sick, so he's in charge now. Since Brady didn't complain, I let it go.


About half an hour later I was talking to my dad on the phone and I saw Brady stomping by me with a pout on his face, followed by Kalen. I said, "Why's Brady so mad?" as I watched him go to his bedroom. Kalen said, "I sent Brady to his room because he hit Trace." I was dumbfounded... Brady actually went. What's even better is that when Brady wondered out of the room, as he so often does after a minute or two, Kalen said, "Okay Brady, you need to stay in your room until I come in there to talk to you." A minute later, he was 'talking' to Brady saying, "Brady, Why did you have to go to your room? What could you have done better?"


It sounded so familiar... :-)

6 comments:

Megan said...

Wow. he really is a genius. I'm glad you shared that. At least you are a good mom and he has a good example to follow. Isn't that nice?

Scott and Laura said...

Oh wow! That is such a cute story! Hope you feel better soon!

Howse Family said...

oh my gosh...that is AWESOME!!! love it!! I'm sorry you were so sick!! Are you feeling better???

Kristen said...

That is SO cute! Way to go!

Christy said...

You go Girl! I often feel overwhelmed being the mom of 4 boys, I am happy to hear happy stories from other mom's in the same boat.

~LisaLou~ said...

That is so stinking cute! What good brothers! Ear aches stink. Hope you are feeling better.