Friday, December 19, 2008

Finally updating blog :-)

I was on the phone with my old college roommate, Laura, today and she reminded me gently that my baby isn't even mentioned in my blog yet and he's 2 months old!! Everyone has been sort of reminding me of that...so here it is!

The day after my last blog note I was supposed to be having a baby shower (well a dinner with friends to celebrate my new baby coming) and I woke up with real contractions. I could tell they were the real ones. I tried holding out until the dinner party, but Brian made me go to the hospital--and it's a good thing we got there when we did. To make a long story short, the Dr barely had time to get her scrubs on, and I progressed so fast I could not even get an epidural--Trace was coming! At one point, the Dr had to tell me not to push when my body was begging to push because they had to remove the bottom of the bed in order for her to catch him. It was all very fast and went by in a blur...I remember how scared I was that I was going to have to do it natural, but I did it!! Brian said he was so impressed. In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't get an epidural for this one because the labor part wasn't so bad---it was the contractions that the epidural really helps for, and I had already been handling those monsters!

Anyway, Trace Alexander Rieman was 8 lbs 2 oz--born on October 18th. He's just adorable. He's now 2 months old and is a great baby--hardly ever cries, which is a blessing. I think he just gets a kick out of watching his brothers. He started smiling at me and Brian yesterday, and kept doing it today, so that's really really fun. I just love the gummy grin. Brady smothers him all the time--I have to constantly remind him to be soft, and Kalen is a proud older brother, always introducing visitors to his new little brother.

As for Brian and I, we're doing well. Brian's mom and dad are moving to Hawaii to finish school at BYU-H, and they'll be gone a couple of years, so we are moving into their home. Brian received an amazing scholarship from Orlando Culinary Academy, and he starts classes January 5th to become a chef. He thinks he's going to go the Baking and Patisserie route. I have been interviewing for a few jobs and if I get one, then Brian will stay home with the boys during the day and go to school at night. If I don't get one, then I'll stay home with the boys while Brian works as a chauffeur, driving luxury cars around Orlando during the day. If I stay home, I'll probably try to babysit one or two other kids to make a little extra money for us.

So, that's the story--we are getting ready to go to GA for Christmas--we wish you all the very merriest holiday. If you know anyone looking to buy a German Shepherd puppy, send them our way :-)

(That didn't take that long...I really need to do this more often)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Congrats on the new addition- glad he came so easily! Don't you wish they all were like that? ;)

Nikki (and Crew!) said...

Amber! Did Sarah tell you? I not only had my baby on Oct. 18th, but I was also supposed to be having a little shower that day! Plus, the doctor almost didn't make it to my delivery, it went so fast. So fun. Your baby is adorable!